- Have a positive attitude, even in the face of challenges
- Demonstrate enthusiasm towards your job and our guests each and every day
- Be courteous, friendly, and respectful to all team members, leaders, and guests
- Have strong communication skills
- Be willing to work hard and open to learning
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to adapt quickly to changing situations and multi-task throughout each shift
- Be confident working alone and as part of a team
- Have strong guest services skills and be comfortable dealing with difficult guest situations
- Be flexible and reliable with your schedule and work assignments
- Be comfortable working outdoors in varying weather conditions
- Be honest and willing to take responsibility for your actions
- Exhibit professionalism; working within the Calaway Park Corporate Culture
Calaway Park hires applicants that are at least 16 years of age. See our Positions for further age restrictions.
Calaway Park is committed to provide equal employment opportunities for all team members. This means that all actions and decisions including recruitment, hiring, training, pay, promotion, discipline, termination, and all other conditions or privileges are made without reference to age, race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religious beliefs, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, marital status, family status, source of income, or sexual orientation. Every team member will have equal opportunity in all aspects of employment on the basis of character, ability, skill, experience, and training.
The Calaway Park Team Member Bus Service runs on all operating days to get our team members to and from work. The bus is FREE for Calaway Park team members. The Bus Service routes include stops at: Whitehorn LRT Station, Dalhousie LRT Station, Heritage LRT Station, Sandstone Terminal, 69th Street LRT Station and in the communities of Bowness and Valley Ridge.
All team members are provided with a uniform consisting of a shirt, pants, hoodie, hat, name tag and face mask. Hair must be a natural color, neat, clean and out of your eyes. One small facial piercing is permitted. Any visible tattoos must be family-friendly and smaller than the palm of your hand. Excessive make-up and jewelry are not to be worn while on duty.
Calaway Park is only operating for a limited time each season and we need team members that are available to work when we are open. Therefore, applicants with more than two weeks’ vacation or in-class summer school will not be considered for employment. Weekends are our busiest days, therefore, applicants that are not available on weekends will not be considered.
SEASONAL SUMMER POSITIONS
- If you are interested in applying for a year-round position at Calaway Park, please submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources where it will remain on file for six months. Please be specific about the type of position you are applying for.
Select applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews are conducted via Google Meet. If needed, in-person interviews can be conducted at Calaway Park. Applicants must have their own transportation to the park for an in-person interview.
If you are booked for an interview, you will be provided with additional information.