We are excited to welcome our Guests back starting July 17th
Please read the essential information below before your visit!
The safety of our Guests and Team Members is our first priority. We have actively worked with Alberta Health and the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions to ensure that our park experience is the safest possible. We can’t wait to create memories, excitement, and joy with your family this summer.
Below is essential information that you need to know for your next visit. This information is subject to change as public health measures adapt to the current situation. Please review the information in each tab below for all the information on our 2020 season.
An Admission Entry Reservation is required for all Guests, including Season Pass holders and Day Admission tickets.
The Admission Entry Reservation system allows you to book a reservation within the next 14 days. As the calendar progresses, additional dates will be added each Monday and Thursday.
We will be open for Season Pass holders only on July 17th. We will be open to Season Pass holders and the General Public beginning on July 18th.
For Guests needing to purchase one-day tickets, please click here. You will need your tickets numbers to book your Admission Entry Reservation.
If you have a Season Pass or have purchased your one-day tickets already, please click here to book your Admission Entry Reservation.
Reservation tickets are issued for 10am, 11am and 12pm admission entry times. Reservations are booked on a first come, first serve basis starting at 10am. When the 10am entry time period is full, we will start issuing tickets for the 11am entry time, then 12pm. Please be respectful of the entry time on your ticket. All Guests are welcome to stay until 5pm when the park closed for the day.
- Children 2 and under don’t require a ticket or reservation.
- Guests with Special Needs and Aides – please book a reservation by emailing email@example.com a minimum of 48 hours before your visit. Please note that due to one-way entrances and exits at rides to ensure physical distancing, the Attraction Boarding Pass program will not be available at this time.
- Guests cannot visit Calaway Park if they are experiencing symptoms including cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat that are not related to a pre-existing illness or health condition, or are otherwise required to isolate or quarantine. Please reschedule your visit if anyone in your party is experiencing these symptoms or is sick. Please see our FAQ below to learn how to cancel your visit.
- An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and can lead to severe illness or death. Senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. You may choose to postpone your visit until 2021. By visiting Calaway Park you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Alberta Relaunch Strategy Stage 2 Hours
Current Hours of Operation
Starting July 17th, open daily from 10am to 5pm until August 31st, 2020
Fall Hours of Operation
Alberta Relaunch Strategy Stage 2 Admission Pricing
One Day Tickets
Children 2 years old and younger – Free
Everyone 3 years old and older – $22 plus GST – save 48% (reg. admission rate – $41.95)
Admission includes unlimited rides, CP Spray n’ Play and free parking.
Please note that once Alberta enters Stage 3 of the relaunch strategy, our one-day admission price will be $28 plus GST (save 33%), some restrictions will be relaxed and we will open Vortex, Chaos, Ocean Motion, Adrenaline Test Zone, Wave Rider, and Free Fallin’.
In Stage 2 of the Alberta Relaunch Strategy the park experience will look a little different. The Haunted Hotel, Cinemagic 3D, all Live Stage Shows, Twiz & Twirl Maze, Mulligan Island Mini Golf, BBQ Choo Choo, Calaway Café, Java Splash, one Mini Melts location, Tasty Treats, Celebration Shop, and Vortex Photo Booth will not be available.
Most ride, games, food and retail locations will be open with increased sanitization protocols, physical distancing, and protective barriers in place. Please follow the posted signage and the instructions of our team members at all these locations.
We recommend that you download the Passport to Fun and Park Map before you leave home. The Passport to Fun brochure will not be available at Calaway Park.
Safety is always our first priority.
Restraints/handles/grab bars will be sanitized after each ride cycle. High touch points such as queue line railings will be sanitized on a frequent basis.
Some rides will operate at full capacity as physical distancing can be achieved with standard operation of loading all cars. Filling multiple seats within an individual car will be limited to guests from the same household / cohort.
Some rides will operate at a reduced capacity and specific ride cars will be closed off to ensure proper physical distancing between guests.
Due to the high velocity nature of Vortex, Chaos, Ocean Motion, Adrenaline Test Zone, Wave Rider, and Free Fallin’, these rides will be temporarily closed in Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy.
Face masks will be required in the queue line and while riding Dodgem, Storm, Air Gliders, Bumble Blast, Sky Wynder, and Dream Machine. They are also required inside Hudstones Toys & Gifts and Sweet Toothe Candy Shop.
We recommend that you visit our height guide to help plan your visit.
What you can expect from us:
- The park will limit capacity so you will be able to easily move throughout the park and our attractions while maintaining physical distancing.
- A Health and Wellness questionnaire will be required in our Admissions area on your arrival.
- Physical distancing signage throughout the park, including in ride and food location queue lines.
- Directional signage on one-way pathways.
- Increased sanitization protocols of high touch areas.
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the park.
- Physical barriers where physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Our team members will be pre-screened before each shift and wearing personal protective equipment. They will have completed a specific COVID-19 training course.
What we expect from you:
- Guests cannot visit Calaway Park if they are experiencing symptoms including cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat that are not related to a pre-existing illness or health condition, or are otherwise required to isolate or quarantine. Please reschedule your visit if anyone in your party is experiencing these symptoms or is sick. If you feel ill during your visit, please go to First Aid immediately.
- Wash your hands often and avoid touching your face.
- Maintain at least 2 metres (6 feet) distance from other Guest groups and families.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching surfaces and limit your time spent in eating or rest areas.
- Food can only be shared by members of the same family. There can be no shared picnic baskets or food outside of your immediate family at the park during this time.
- Please bring a full water bottle as all water fountains will be inactive and our food services locations will not be able to refill personal beverage containers. Bottled water will be available for purchase.
- Guests are encouraged to apply hand sanitizer before entering ride queue lines, or playing games. There will be hand sanitizer stations throughout the park yet we recommend you bring hand sanitizer with you.
- We recommend all Guests 6 years old and older wear a mask while visiting. Please visit [https://www.alberta.ca/masks.aspx#toc-2] for the proper way to wear a face mask. Face masks are not mandatory during your visit except while in the queue line and riding Dodgem, Storm, Air Gliders, Bumble Blast, Sky Wynder, and Dream Machine. They are also required inside Hudstones Toys & Gifts and Sweet Toothe Candy Shop.
- Please follow all posted guidelines and instructions by Calaway Park team members.
- Park with one full parking spot between you and the next vehicle. Our parking lot should look like a checkerboard.
- Locker rentals will be available but limited.
- Wheelchairs will be available at First Aid.
- Stroller rentals are not available.
- We encourage Guests to use cashless payment whenever possible.
COVID-19 is an evolving situation and these guidelines may change without notice.
Remember we are in this together! Thank you for being safe, kind and patient. Your Smile is Our Mission! We hope to see you soon!
Calaway Park will open on July 17th to Season Pass holders and July 18th to Season Pass holders and the General Public. We will then be open daily from 10am to 5pm until August 31st, 2020. Fall Hours of Operation are coming soon.
Please click here to book your visit.
Season Pass holders can book up to 3 visits per Season Pass holder per 14-day period. After you visit, you will be able to book your next reservation. Please be respectful of other families who are wanting to visit the park and only book reservations for dates that you are sure to use. If something comes up where you cannot make your reserved day, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can make that visit available to another family.
Season Pass holders can book up to 3 visits per Season Pass holder per 14-day period. After you visit, you will be able to book your next reservation. Please be respectful of other families who are wanting to visit the park and only book reservations for dates that you are sure to use. If something comes up where you cannot make your reserved day, please email us at email@example.com so that we can that visit available to another family.
No, children 2 years old and younger do not require a ticket or a reservation.
Your reservation will be for a specific entry time (10am, 11am or 12pm). Please be respectful of your entry time. You are welcome to stay until 5pm when the park closes for the day.
Don’t worry! If you are running late for your entry time you will still be able to enter the park. Please do not arrive early for your entry time.
Calaway Park does not have a non-rider admission rate. We hope that you enjoy some of our family rides like U-Drive, Carousel and Rocky Mountain Rail.
Yes, please ensure that you keep your Season Pass or one-day ticket with you to gain re-entry.
Birthday Party packages and group events are not available at this time.
Bonus Time! Please note the Season Pass expiry extension period will begin on the first day of Stage 3 of the Alberta Relaunch Strategy when more of the Calaway Park experience will be available to you. We have given this bonus time due to fact that the current park experience is limited due to our Stage 2 restrictions.
Hand sanitizer stations will be available however we recommend that you bring some for your family.
We strongly recommend wearing a face masks during your overall visit to the park yet they are not required. Face masks will be required in the queue line and while riding Dodgem, Storm, Air Gliders, Bumble Blast, Sky Wynder, and Dream Machine. They are also required inside Hudstones Toys & Gifts and Sweet Toothe Candy Shop. For those who forgot their face masks we will have them available for purchase.
All food locations will be open except Calaway Café, BBQ Choo Choo, and Java Splash. All of our concession foods will be available on park however duplicate locations such as Hole-in-One Mini Donuts, one Mini Melts cart, and Tasty Treats are currently closed.
All retail locations will be open except Celebration Shop and Vortex Photo Booth. Face masks are required inside Hudstones Toys & Gifts and Sweet Toothe Candy Shop.
All games will be open except Twiz and Twirl Maze and Mulligan Island Mini Golf. Please note: that only the individuals fishing (one parent can be with a child) will be allowed on the dock at the Trout Pond. There can 12 people fishing at one time with a maximum of 18 individuals on the dock.
*Subject to change
MAXX the Robot and his inventor will be making daily appearances next to Pretzels & Churros. CP Spray n’ Play will be open. The Haunted Hotel, Cinemagic 3D and our live stage shows will not be available.
All rides will be open except for Vortex, Chaos, Ocean Motion, Adrenaline Test Zone, Wave Rider, and Free Fallin’, which will be temporarily closed during Stage 2 due to the high velocity nature of these rides. These rides will re-open in Stage 3 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy.
We recommend that you bring hand sanitizer, a face mask, bottled water, sunscreen, a hat and closed-toed shoes for your visit.
Yes, please visit Guest Services for lost and found.
Wheelchairs will be available to rent at First Aid on a first come, first serve basis. Strollers will not be available to rent.
If you have questions regarding your Admission Entry Reservation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 403-240-3822 ext. 0.
For all other park inquiries, please email us at email@example.com.
For Calaway RV Park and Campground inquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.