Updated September 23rd, 2021
COVID-19 Safety Update
The safety of our Guests and Team Members is always our first priority. We have been focused on COVID-19 safety for our 2020 and 2021 seasons, actively working with Alberta Health to offer our Guests a safe, outdoor, family fun experience. We also know that physical distancing and masks are important. This is especially true for many of our Guests who are 12 years old or younger.
Calaway Park is in the jurisdiction of Rocky View County and we fall under the Alberta Health COVID-19 public health measures. The following COVID-19 safety protocols are in place as of September 24th:
- Physical distancing between households is required throughout the park, including in all queue lines. We ask Guests to honour the physical distancing markers in place.
- Guests will be physically distanced on rides. This will mean that ride line ups will be longer. We ask Guests to be patient and be prepared for longer wait times for rides. Line jumping will not be tolerated.
- Hand sanitization stations are located throughout the park.
- Guests will be encouraged to apply hand sanitizer before loading each ride.
- Mask wearing outdoors is at the discretion of each Guest. Face masks will not be mandatory for your overall park visit or on rides, however masks are mandatory in all indoor spaces.
- Guests will complete a Wellness Check prior to entering the Admissions area.
- Calaway Park team members will continue to be pre-screened before each shift and wear face masks.
- Please bring a water bottle as all water fountains are disengaged. Water is available at most food service locations.
- All rides will be open. Timber Falls will open at 12pm each operating day dependent on current weather temperatures.
- Any speciality rider passes will no longer be issued or accepted.
- Games, food, and retail locations will be open with increased sanitization, physical distancing, and protective barriers remaining in place.
- Live entertainment will be available on the Celebration Square Stage or at the physically distanced character meet and greet spaces.
- Calaway Park is open Saturdays, Sundays, and Holiday Monday from11am to 5pm until October 11th, 2021.
- Admission Entry Reservations are not required.
- Guests cannot visit Calaway Park if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms including cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat that are not related to a pre-existing illness or health condition, or are otherwise required to isolate or quarantine. Please reschedule your visit if anyone in your party is experiencing these symptoms or is sick.
- All indoor attractions including the Haunted Hotel and Cinemagic 3D theatre will be closed.
- Calaway Café will be operating with outdoor dining only.
- Masks are required in Hudstones Toys and Gifts, Sweet Toothe Candy Shop, Celebration Shop, and Calaway Café, as well as Guest Services and washrooms.
- Hudstones Toys and Gifts, Sweet Toothe Candy Shop, and Celebration Shop are reduced to 1/3 capacity.
Halloweekends will continue as Guests can physically distance while they stroll through Hallotown, and experience the Magical Meet and Greet and Halloweekends Parade.
Calaway Park supports COVID-19 vaccination and encourages all eligible individuals to get vaccinated.
Thank you for being kind, respectful, and patient. As COVID-19 continues to challenge all of us, we thank you for your support.
The Calaway Park Family
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and can lead to severe illness or death. Senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. You may choose to postpone your visit. By visiting Calaway Park you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Admission tickets will be available at Calaway Park. We recommend that you purchase your one-day tickets online or at your local Calgary Co-op before the day of your visit to save!
Calaway Park does not have a non-rider admission rate. We hope that you enjoy some of our family rides like U-Drive, Carousel and Rocky Mountain Rail as well as CP Spray n’ Play and our live entertainment.
Yes, please ensure that you get a hand stamp at the exit gate before leaving.
Yes! Wheelchairs will be available to rent at First Aid on a first come, first serve basis. Stroller rentals will be available at Hudstones Toys and Gifts.